top of page

Rum River Consultants is proud to provide Building Inspection Services to the residents and business owners of Baldwin Township as their Designated Building Official. Rum River is committed to a quality, customer service oriented approach to building official and inspection services.  We are excited to be providing life safety building code administration to Baldwin Township.


Administrative and inspection staff are available six days per week to assist owners and contractors with questions and site inspections.  Contact us today with all of your building inspection needs.  We look forward to working with you!

Electrical Permit Information

For electrical permit information, please contact Kelly Johnson with the MN Dept of Labor and Industry at 320-743-3149 or on the MN Dept of Labor and Industry website.  

Electrical Permits - Homeowners
Electrical Permits - Contractors

Permit Application Information

Permit applications and all submittals are to be provided in PDF format and sent by email to:

  1. Download the application form.
  2. Enter all information in the fillable form, including the signature.
  3. Save the application to your computer.
  4. Click on at the top of the application.
  5. Fill in Subject Line of email.
  6. Attach your application and any supplemental information.
  7. Send to RRC for issuance or review.  Thank you!
Permit Apps

Set Fee Permit Applications

The following permit applications have a set fee and will be processed when received, typically within one business day.  This applies to residential permits only.  (Commercial permits require plan review.)

Plan Review Permit Applications

The following permit applications require plan review, in addition to the above permits if commercial in nature.  Please submit all documentation required when applying for the permit to minimize review time.

Please note, Sherburne County ordinances require a Septic Compliance Inspection Report if the septic system has not been inspected or upgraded within the last 10 years.  Please provide the report with the rest of your documents upon submittal.  Thank you!


Please refer to the Application Guide for required submittals.  All information must be provided before processing can begin.  Thank you!

Archived Permit Information

To request copies of archived building permit and septic system records, please contact Baldwin Township at Thank you!



​Payment by cash or check,

paid to the order of

Baldwin Township, shall be mailed or dropped off at:

Baldwin Township

30239 - 128th Street

Baldwin Township, MN  55371302

Office:  763-389-8931

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday:  8:00 am to 4:30 pm

(Closed for lunch 12:00 - 12:30 pm daily)

If you are mailing or dropping off your residential set fee permit application, you may include a check for the amount to expedite the process.  Thank you!

2023 Baldwin Twp Fee Schedule (1).jpg
bottom of page